While enrolled in the NSISP, international students have the opportunity to learn more about Canadian culture by participating in the cultural trips.
There are two trips a year, one in the autumn and one in the spring. The autumn trip goes to Toronto/Niagara Falls and the spring trip goes to Montreal/Ottawa.
Both trips are at the cost of the student and students require written permission from their parents. (approximate cost: $1800 Cdn).
Sample Toronto/Niagara Falls itinerary
- Niagara Falls Sightseeing
- Clifton Hill
- Canada's Wonderland
- Medieval Times
- Ontario Science Centre
- guided city tour including: CN Tower, China Town, Casa Loma, Ontario Legislature, Air Canada Centre, the Harbourfront area, and more
- trip inclusions: roundtrip airfare to Toronto, insurance, all meals, hotel, and entrance to all attractions.
Sample Montreal/Ottawa itinerary [Montreal and Ottawa NHL Game]
- City Tour and Walking tour of Old Montreal Notre Dame
- Biodome, Insectarium, Olympic Tower
- Sugar Shack
- Montreal Science Centre
- City Tour of Ottawa with Parliament Buildings
- Hard Rock Cafe dance
- Professional Hockey Game
- trip inclusions: roundtrip airfare to Montreal/Ottawa, insurance, flight home, all meals, hotel, and entrance to all attractions